Are you afraid how to get rid of lip eczema disease? And whether your lips can be stained?
Well, here I will describe this topic like what is this eczema, symptoms, causes, treatment, remedies, reduce and lightening scars, etc. and hope that it will be helpful for you.
What is Lip Eczema
There are various problems with the lip, lip eczema is one of them, and it is also called lip dermatitis or atopic dermatitis. We think that it is a typical disease and be careless, thinking that it is going to heal itself! As a result, most of the time it reaches a fetal shape, and we face many sufferings. A question may come to your mind that is eczema contagious? But do not be afraid, it is not dangerous.
Eczema or dermatitis is a chronic allergic skin disorder. It is the inflammation of the upper layer of the skin. Redness, skin edema characterize it, dryness, scaling, flaking and itchy rashes or blisters. The common triggers are irritating, allergic elements and genetic makeup. It may be due to hereditary reasons. But lip eczema is not an infectious disease. It is an incurable skin disorder which needs some multi-disciplinary access to manage. You can overcome the exacerbation by keeping away those factors like irritants, allergens, and stress. At the beginning stage, you can treat by home remedies. But when it goes to excessive levels, it is better to consult a doctor.
Eczema is typically dry and itchy because an excessive amount of moisture is displaced from the pores and skin’s higher layer. Lack of moisture from the skin makes the pores and skin without safety in opposition to bacteria and viruses. The disorder occurs episodically. There can be periods while signs and symptoms are severe and there are intervals when there are not any signs and symptoms at all.
Every type of diseases has its symptoms; it also goes with lip eczema. Various signs may accompany it.
- Small, red patches on the lips.
- Excessive redness of the lips.
- Dryness, fine scaling, cracks causing to bleed out, fissuring.
- Swollen or thickened lip skin.
NOTE: It should be remembered that these are possible signs. Similar symptoms may be seen in other infections or problems. For example, burning and itching can be seen when the disease starts with the cold sore.
Lip Eczema Causes
It is very important to learn about how is eczema caused? Lip eczema can occur due to both internal and external purposes. Herpes simplex virus can cause it but in, most case the reason is random. Though the right reason is yet unknown, some hormone or hereditary facts are responsible by dermatologists for this kind of eczema.
External causes include some allergens and irritants such as lipstick, flavored lip balms (containing allergic substances like peanut, butter, milk, etc.), pollen, dental treatments, food, other lip care items, makeup, nail polish or varnish, etc.
Eczema on the lips can be a very irritating and embarrassing experience for many people especially when eczema in adults. You can cover the skin infection on the inner parts of the body with clothes. But a matter of sorrow, your infections on the face, mouth, hands, legs, and lips cannot be covered, unfortunately. So obviously treatment should be applied as soon as possible. You can cure lip eczema by some simple home remedies or by dermatological treatment.
Honey is a trusted ingredient when it comes to skin smoothening and moisturizing. The potent antiviral and antibacterial element in honey will relieve you from the pains as well as leave soft moisture on the lip skin.
- Take some organic honey and apply on the lips.
- Repeat this process more than twice throughout the day.
- You can make a paste using honey and glycerin.
- Apply it in each night before sleeping. You are sure to find your lips mesmerizingly soft and appealing every morning.
2. Sugar Scrub
A mix of sugar and honey will work just fine to heal lip eczema as well as leave a soft touch on your lips. Apply the scrub on the affected area and rinse off after 10/15 minutes.
3. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is enriched with anti-inflammatory as well as antimicrobial substances which will gradually heal the affection and leave a soft, beautiful lip.
- For the better result, directly apply Aloe-Vera gel on the affected area every day from time to time, until you meet your expectations.
- Or, mix equal amounts of aloe vera gel, and vitamin E oil applies the thin mix on the affected area.
- Then leave it overnight. Rinse off in the morning with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process every day.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda works as an excellent exfoliator which removes the dead skin cells without itchiness.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of water with 2 tablespoons of baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply to the affected area.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water after 2-3 minutes.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
The astringents, antifungal, and antibacterial substances in apple cider vinegar reduces eczema on the lip and also removes the eczema scars.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pure, natural apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey in a glass of water and mix it well.
- Drink this syrup every day. It will enhance your immune system as well as reduce the inflammation.
- Alternatively, Take equal amount of both apple cider vinegar and water and mix it.
- Apply this directly to the affected area to reduce down itchiness and skin crack.
6. Lemon Juice
Lemon is known as the natural antiseptic as it contains acidic as well as anti-bacterial proportion. The vitamin C helps to create new skin cells and also brightens the skin tone by removing dead skin cells.
- Squeeze out some fresh lemon juice and apply it directly on the lips.
- Wash off after 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process daily 2 times a day.
- Besides this, Make a thick paste of lemon juice and sugar and apply on the lips.
- Rinse it off when it dries up with water.
- This process will adequately exfoliate and moisturize your lip skin.
- Repeat this process throughout the week in the night before going to sleep.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil contains healthy anti-inflammatory proportions that can help relieve eczema affection. Also, it softens lip skin, reduces redness and removes the scars.
- Apply extra-virgin olive oil on the lips and massage gently.
- Put a hot washcloth over on the lip; you can also use a clean and soft cloth, leaving it on until the fabric entirely cool.
- Then wipe off the remaining oil with lukewarm water. Do this once a day.
- You can use coconut oil instead of olive oil; the process is the same as before.
8. Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter
Cocoa butter can naturally heal Eczema as well as the scars if you use it daily. Just apply some pure cocoa butter on eczema, leaving it off for at least 15-20 minutes. The result will undoubtedly amaze you within a few days!
On the other hand, Shea butter is rich in vitamin E, A and keratin. So you can also use Shea butter directly on the eczema area to regenerate the lip skin.
9. Neem Paste
Neem, also known as Indian lilac. It fills in as an outstanding amongst other characteristic home solutions for lip skin inflammation as it lessens redness, disturbance, and irritation.
- You will need Neem leaves, turmeric, and sesame oil to make this paste.
- Mix one tablespoon each of pulverized neem leaves and turmeric.
- Then add a little sesame oil to the mixture.
- Apply the paste of neem on the affected area and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Follow this remedy once daily.
10. Rose Petal Paste
The lovely, beautiful and useful home remedy is rose petal paste. It is beneficial for lips to reduce eczema on lips and moisturize your lips.
- To make this paste, take some clean and washed rose petals.
- Then mash the petals with glycerin gently.
- Then apply it on the affected area and massage for 2 minutes.
- Rinse the paste off with water after 20 minutes.
- Do this at least twice a day, especially once before going to bed for best results.
5 Useful Tips to Cure Lip Eczema
In this case, you will need to cure the infection on your lip with the treatment that will destroy the cause of skin infection. Here are some few tips to cure lip eczema:
- Use quality lip balm: It is very necessary that you take good care of your infected lips. Do not let them become dry. Use a quality lip balm like Vaseline to moisturize the skin of your lips.
- Avoid skin allergens: There can be certain chemicals which can affect your skin. Do not expose your skin in the sun for too long. Do not use inorganic and scented deodorants, shampoos and bath soaps. They can increase your skin irritation and lips swelling. Use only organic natural beauty products whenever possible
- Follow a healthy diet: A good exercise routine which contains yoga and meditation can increase your natural diseases prevention ability. Add much green vegetables and fruits in your diet.
- Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water daily: This will help to clean your body properly. Get rid of your alcohol drinking and smoking. This habit can cause severe skin irritations for your lips and can worsen your eczema.
- Follow alternative natural treatments: Make use of the only holistic approach to cure eczema permanently. These natural treatments can cure the cause of your infection and can provide you a permanent relief from your skin infection.
It is important to remember that, Lip eczema is a common problem and it is not contagious. But the scars of this eczema can be the last longer, and it will not vanish in a day or two. You will need to be patient and follow the remedies without fail for some time before you start noticing a difference. Apart from the remedies as mentioned above, you can also use cucumber juice, essential oil, omega 3 fatty acid supplement, eczema lip balm and obviously always use natural cosmetics. A high-quality product can also act as an exfoliant by removing all dead skin cells, making your skin smooth as a result. So do not be scared and do not hesitate to deal with bravery.