Your lip balm doesn’t meet the expected moisture to your lips? Are you fed up with the runny petroleum jelly? Can you not trust the apparent chemical-based lip products? Well, a piece of good news for you! You can easily make your very own self-made lip balm by some easy grabbing all-natural elements. I was facing such lip problems until I decided to ditch all those beautifully labeled lip products and try natural home-made lip balm. The result was obviously oh so sweet! So, I am going to share with you “how to make best natural lip balm at home” with coconut oil, beeswax, shea butter, essential oils & many other natural ingredients.
Lip Balm Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of pure, unbleached beeswax, you can get them in both pearls and pastilles.
- 3 tablespoons of organic coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil or jojoba oil.
- 2 tablespoons of raw shea butter or cocoa butter.
- If you want to tint up lip balm, then use a ½ tablespoon of mica powder for a rosy tint. Besides this, you can use beetroot powder or hibiscus powder. Or, preferred the food-grade color of the same amount for different pigments.
- 20 drops of several oils such as peppermint oil, oregano oil, lemon, lavender oil, tea tree oil, grapeseed oil, etc. This step is optional.
- ¼ tablespoon of vitamin E oil.
- For containers, use 5.5 ml plastic tubes. If you want to go classic, you can use 22g-30g tin cans.
You will find all the items in any online shops or any bulk store.
About the Ingredients
Beeswax for lip balm is the base ingredient which lets the mixture to remain in its shape, once it is hardened. So use beeswax per ratio of other ingredients. Or else the lip balm will lose its softness. It protects lip skin from drying up. The essential oils work differently on the skin. Some of them provide vitamins and antioxidants for lip skin. Such as, adding a little amount of cinnamon or ginger oil to increase blood circulation and make the lips look plumper. But beware of the amount, they can cause inflammation! Again, tea tree oil is good for healing. Grapeseed oil provides nourishment. Lemon is a natural exfoliator; they make lip skin to look even lovely. In a word, all the essential oil is another step to provide nourishment, vitamins, moisture and the overall betterment of your lips. Coconut oil for lips is very good. You can easily prepare homemade lip balm with coconut oil, this oil can moisturize your lips.
Natural Lip Balm Recipe
We can make different kinds of lip balm by using different natural ingredients like coconut oil & honey lip balm, pink-tinted lip balm, rosy lip balm, etc. I use it for all seasons because my lips are dry & this is the best natural lip balm for dry lips. By applying this best organic lip balm I got back my pinkish, soften, pretty lips!!
Now Let’s Head to the Recipe~
The first thing to start is to get all the ingredients in your hands. Then set up a double boiler using a clean & round glass bowl above a saucepan full of boiling water over medium-high heat.
Pour the oil, beeswax, and butter per your choice. Keep heating until the ingredients melt down completely. Stir from time to time to spread the heat quickly and evenly.
When they have turned all liquid, turn off the heat. But don’t remove the glass bowl from the saucepan or else it may start to harden from the bottom. Then add the essential oils, vitamin E and stir to mix up. Finally, add the tinting ingredients and mix them nicely.
Last but not least, pour the well-stirred mixture into the tubes or tin cans. Now let them cool down using the refrigerator or just leave them out in the air. Say goodbye for about 1-3 hours. Before 2 hours, please DO NOT TOUCH them!
Once the mixture is finely set, you will have a set of perfect lip balm tubes in your hands, a gift from yourself to you!
- You can add a dash of honey for healing.
- To add a touch of luxury and fragrance use crushed, dried rose petals.
- If you don’t prefer or allergic to butter, then you can use unflavored petroleum jelly.
- Use steel funnels to pour the melted ingredients into the containers without messing up!
Now, put on your freshly made lip balms and find your lips even more beautiful and gorgeous, made in your way! Won’t you feel happy now? I think it’s Yes! Use this lip balm every day for getting most beautiful lips.
If you love and like my recipe of “how to make natural lip balm at home” then share your experience with us.