It is very annoying and painful to wake up with swollen lips in the morning. It could be upper lip swelling after sleeping or one side lip swelling for many reasons. My other article concerns the causes of swollen on lips. In that article, you get the information about all the main reasons of lipoedema. That’s why; here I don’t want to say any details of these symptoms. Only want to inform you about the most common causes below-
Main causes of wake up with swollen lips-
- Lips Sunburned Effect
- Reactions of Allergic.
- Injuries: (accidentally cut the lip or burned)
- Angioedema: (children are more victims than the adult.)
- Food Allergies Reaction.
- Swelling on Orofacial Area.
- Lip Fraenulum and Numbness: (hemorrhagic stroke prognosis also causes Lip Swelling).
Must be known the caution and the ways to relief from lip swellings
No one wants to face the puffy lips. Here I describe to you some ways to discuss with home remedies treatment that will bring down or decrease the swollen lips.
01. Cold Compress
Apply the cold compress just as you feel the lip swelling. Take these steps to reduce lip swelling straightaway.
- Take 1 pc Ice cube wrap in a soft cloth then compress that cloth on the swollen area. As per the size of the lump, you can use ice bag also. (But remember, do not apply the ice directly.)
- As long as the swollen lips area is extenuating and get relief from pain, Please gently press this cold compress 5 to 7 minutes take for a 15-minute break then repeat it.
It is the best way to help to extenuate of the lip piercing lump.
02. Fresh Aloe Vera gel: God gifted natural remedies.
Aloe vera gel has a rich quality of an anti-inflammatory substance. Moreover, it is very useful for burning sensation of inflated lips. Directly apply freshly extracted from Aloe vera gel.
- Gently massage the affected area until it is absorbed into the swollen lip.
- Repeat this applying three-four times a day until you get relief from this problem.
03. Remedy by Aloe Vera Gel with Tea Tree Oil
Aloe Vera gel has a rich quality of an anti-inflammatory substance. That is very effective for burning sensation of Blister.
Other side Tea Tree oil has a potential antimicrobial agent which can quickly reduce the swelling caused by insect or ant bits and also allergy infection.
To make a potential remedy you can take, begin with, the followings:
- 1 teaspoon Aloe Vera gel.
- 5/6 drop of tea tree oil.
- Mix these two ingredients very well. Gently apply this mixture on the affected area of the lips and massage till absorption in the lips.
- After massaging keeps it for 9-10 minutes and then rinse fresh cool water.
- Depending on the subsides time of swelling repeats all steps two or three times a day.
04. Apply Black Tea to Heal the Swelling
Black tea has rich compounds of tannin, to reduce swelling in the soft tissues of the lips. Meanwhile, it contains an excellent astringent.
- Soak 10 minutes in warm water.
- Take out from warm water and let the bag cool.
- For 10 to 15 minutes hold the bag on the swollen lip.
- To get quick result do it 4/5 time a day.
05. Mix Turmeric Paste: A Herbal Antibiotic Ointment
Turmeric powder is an herbal ointment. It has very effective antiseptic for healing power to treat a lump on the lip. The antiseptic substance has the capacity of obstructing infection, indeed.
Make a mixture/Paste by adding 1/4 teaspoon fresh mash turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder and 1 teaspoon of fuller’s soil with cold water.
- Apply this mixture to cover the affected area.
- Wait for drying and then clean this dry paste soft and slowly with warm water.
- Apply it daily 2 times for getting relief from pain and swelling.
Turmeric has curcumin which helps to get rid of a swollen lip fast.
06. Honey: Natural Antibacterial Remedies
Honey has antibacterial substance and power of natural remedies. Provided that remedies it is very effective to fast on the inflated lip. It protects the lip from infection and gives relief from the swollen lip, pain, and inflammation. It also, keeps the lips moisturized. Take the spates stated below for remedies of the swollen lip.
- Apply honey by clean fingertips or a cotton ball.
- Gently massage on the affected area of lips.
- Leave it 20 minutes to do its work properly.
- Rain the serum it by cold water.
- Apply this process 2/3 time a day.
07. Baking Soda: An Antiseptic Agent
Baking soda has a high volume of an antiseptic agent and anti-inflammatory with soothing substance. It is also strongly recommended to treat a big puffy lip for the reason of an insect bite, reaction of allergic, even a fever blister. It will help reduce the pain as well as inflammation.
- Using water with baking soda and make a paste
- Gently apply the paste to cover the affected lip.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then wash off with cold water.
Repeat this method 3 to 4 times a day until the swelling subsides.
08. Witch Hazel Extract: Awesome Ayurvedic Ingredients
Witch hazel has an astringent compound also contain tannins. It will make sterile and germ-free the affected skin. It might help to subside swelling inflammation also repair the cracking lip skins. We can use it directly on the affected area.
- 3 teaspoon witch hazel extract
- Apply it to the affected skin using a cotton ball and leave it for 20 minutes to absorb.
- Use cold water to wash out.
Repeat it twice a day for a good result.
09. Warm Water: Vitality Component
Curing of lip swelling with Warm water is a very good way. It raises the circulation and hydrates the lip area and reduces swelling. It also relieves the pain you feel due to the swelling of your lips. Here given the appliance way
- Need warm water and Cotton ball or washcloth
- Soak the cotton ball in the warm water.
- Wring the cotton ball to remove excess water.
- Hold it on the swollen lip until the cotton feels cool.
Frequently apply the 2,3 and 4 steps for 10 to 12 minutes.
Caution Note: If the Swollen happens with a burn or an allergy then the warm water therapy will only applicable after the inflammation assuage.
10. Coconut Oil: Natural Vitalization Skin Remedy
Homemade or organic coconut oil has a rich volume of an antimicrobial. That can remove all daub full of injurious bacteria from the skin pores. It also eliminates the fungus, toxic virus while absorbing in the affected area. It also keeps the skin Moisturize, waxen and nourished for the purpose of maintaining healthy skin.
- Clean the hand by using antibacterial hand wash.
- Take 2/3 drop of coconut oil on fingertips.
- Gently massage it on the swollen lip.
- Apply this 3 to 5 times a day and also before going to bed.
- Repeat it as long as the swelling has.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar: the Preventive Power Component
Apple cider vinegar has a productive component of Potassium. It can reduce the swelling cause of water retention. It helps remove fluids from the lump and remove inflammation. Thereupon, to apply it to swollen lips need to do the following:
- Mix 1 spoon Apple cider vinegar with 1 spoon water.
- Soak a cotton ball in that extract.
- Gently rub it on the swelling lips.
- Keep it 4 to 5 minutes for absorbing.
- Rinse with normal water.
Must be remembered, apply it 2 times a day on the affected lips eventually.
12. Epsom Salt: An Anti-inflammatory Property
Epson salt has anti-inflammatory properties. That can be healing the painful swollen and help to soothe the inflammations. Apply this formula to the lip swelling.
- Make a mixture of 3 teaspoons Epsom salt in a cup of warm water.
- Dip the cotton ball in that water.
- Wring the cotton ball to remove the excess water.
- Hold it on the swelling lip thus until the cotton feels cool.
- Frequently apply the 2,3 and 4 steps for 10 to 12 minutes.
Consequently, By all means, you will repeat this application as long as getting rid of swollen lips.
It is a common question come on mind that “how long does a swollen lip last?” Basically, it depends on the reason of lip swelling. Normal allergic or insect bit lip swelling reduce within 6 to 24 hours. rest all will take time a week too.
This video also helps you to show information.
All things considered, these are the best remedies to prevent swollen lips. Knowing the reason for the lip swelling sensation, according to these 12 home remedies you should apply to 2 or 3 of them.
Chariness: At last, all things considered, I need to say if swelling appears by allergies can get antihistamines, or as well as if some of the other causes like Hemorrhagic stroke turns in severe conditions must be taken medication prescribed by doctors.